Before you go on to a Brazilian wax you need to prepare yourself from what to expect, how it is performed, what are the limitations, and more importantly, how can you cope up with the treatment. A Brazilian wax is a kind of bikini wax that removes the hair from the vulva, perineum, anus, and buttocks. A strip of pubic hair may be left, but this is based on the customer preference.
What is beneficial about brazilian wax is that there are various types to choose from. Below are some types of brazilian wax:
The Sphinx – This type of brazilian wax is where all the hair in the pelvic region is removed. Every hair from the front, back, anus, and buttocks are removed; thus, a hairless lower part is achieved. This is probably the most painful type of Brazilian wax. It is named after the naked breed of cat called Sphinx.
French Wax – This type leaves a broad, vertical strip in the front, also known as partial Brazilian wax or Landing strip. This kind of waxing is popular among models in which they must wear garments of extreme narrowness in their crotch region.
Playboy Wax – This is similar to a landing strip only that it leaves a very tiny, sharp strip in the front.
How Brazilian waxing is done
Brazilian wax is performed in the pubic area, so the hair removal process should be done by a professional. Typically, an expert can finish a Brazilian wax in 10 minutes or less. There are several methods on how this process can be done so you need to talk about this with an expert and decide accordingly. Even though, you can buy your own wax, do not attempt to try this at home without any experience.
1. Before having a Brazilian wax, do not shave for about 2 weeks to allow your hair to grow longer. However, don’t get it too long because long hair are more painful to uproot. You can ask your aesthetician about how long will it be or leave it as is as the aesthetician can cut it during the session. Best if you don’t cut it because when it is too short, the aesthetician will ask you to make another appointment as the results will be unsatisfactory.
2. First, aesthetician will ask you to remove your clothes from the waist down and lie down. Don’t be shy because you really need to expose your private parts to get it waxed perfectly. You can wear a disposable underwear, but it depends on the circumstance and the area where waxing will be performed. 홈타이
3. You will be asked to wash the area to be waxed and let it dry. You can use baby powder to absorb moisture. A dry and clean hair sticks better to the wax.
Tip: When asked between hot or cold wax, choose hot wax because heat will allow an easy hair removal as heat opens pores. The wax is melted in a container with warm water or heated in a microwave for a few seconds.
4. Using a spatula, a thin layer of wax is spread in the direction of the hair growth. The entire area should not be covered all at once; instead it should be divided into section and finish one section at a time.
5. Before the wax cools down or hardens, a cotton strip is pressed on the wax firmly and then the hair is pulled on the opposite direction.
6. Palm is pressed on the waxed area to reduce pain. If rashes occur, the aesthetician might stop the process temporarily and use ice cubes to soothe redness.
7. The process is repeated until the whole area is covered.
8. Once done, the waxed area is moistured to soothe irritation, and the alleviate the stinging feeling.
Things to remember
- Your bikini area is the most sensitive part in your body, removing the hair in that region is very painful. If you want your skin to be soothed for a few minutes, don’t hesitate to tell it.
- The wax must not be extremely hot, or it might burn your skin.
- Don’t use chemical or fragrance-based lotions, it could irritate your skin.
- Avoid this treatment if you have high blood pressure, diabetes, heart problems or is suffering from UTI (Urinary Tract Infection).